14 Famous Tourist Places to Visit in Rajasthan for 2023 Holiday
14 Famous Tourist Places to Visit in Rajasthan for 2023 Holiday
Rajasthan is one of India's most popular states. It is well-known for its vibrant culture, war-torn monuments, ethnic cuisine, and traditions. In the last two decades, Rajasthan has become the most popular destination for vacations, honeymoons, weddings, and shopping.
Rajasthan is a one-of-a-kind destination for summer, winter, and monsoon vacations due to its geographical conditions. There are numerous interesting Places to Visit in Rajasthan that you can visit during your tour. This article discusses them in detail below, and UNESCO has designated six Rajasthan forts as World Heritage Sites.
There are numerous beautiful places to visit and things to do in Rajasthan. Nonetheless, here is a list of some of the best places to visit in Rajasthan, which are some of India's most popular and exciting destinations.
Jaipur: The Pink City
Jaipur is the capital of Rajasthan and is known as the "Pink City of India." It is also included in the popular Golden Triangle tour of India. Jaipur is the closest city to India's capital, Delhi, and is one of the best places to visit in Rajasthan. The distance between Delhi and Jaipur is 271 kilometres, and it is easily accessible by air, train, and road transportation. Jaipur is well-known for its magnificent forts and vibrant celebrations of life in the form of festivals and events.
From October to April, major festivals that attract tourists include the Literature Festival, Gangaur Festival, Teej Festival, Holi, Diwali, and Kite Festival. Jaipur also has an urban and modern side, as evidenced by world-class infrastructure, making it one of the best places to visit in Rajasthan.
- Places to Visit in Jaipur : City Palace, Govind Dev Ji temple, Amber fort, Nahargarh fort, Birla Mandir, Jaigarh Fort, Jal Mahal, Hawa Mahal, Jantar Mantar, Albert Hall Museum.
- Things to do in Jaipur : Shop for Rajasthan dresses, Jewelleries, textiles, and Gems, Taste the famous Food in Jaipur especially Rajasthani Thali, Go for Sightseeing and Clubs in Jaipur, Explore the Nightlife in Jaipur.
- Places to stay in Jaipur: Holiday Inn Hotel, ITC Rajputana Hotel, JW Marriott Jaipur Resort and Spa, Shiv Villa Resort, Pearl Palace Heritage, Samode Haveli, WelcomHeritage Traditional Haveli, Hotel Grand Valley, Dera Rawatsar, Tara Niwas, Trident Jaipur, Chokhi Dhani Resort, Hathroi Palace, Hotel Maya, Clarks Amer, Jaipur Friendly Villa.
Udaipur: The City of Lakes
Udaipur is one of Rajasthan's top ten places to visit. It is one of the most beautiful architectural palaces in the Aravali Hills. It's a world-famous destination known for its natural beauty and breathtaking views. Fateh Sagar, Pichola Lake, and other hidden paradises are nearby in the City of Lakes. For its peace and calm beauty, the city has gained popularity among the youth, and it is one of the most well-known wedding destinations. Every girl's dream is to attend a wedding at the Royal Lake Palace in Amrapali.
- Places to Visit in Udaipur: Lake Pichola, Udaipur City Palace, Lake Garden Palace, The Royal Vintage Car Museum, Bagore Ki Haveli, Saheliyon ki Baori, Jagdish Temple, Shilpgram, Moti Magri, Lake Palace, Kumbhalgarh Fort, Monsoon Palace, Swaroop Sagar, Fateh Sagar Lake, Jag Mandir, Udai Sagar lake.
- Things to do in Udaipur: Sunrise View and Boating at Lake Pichola, Do the Nature Photography, Take a tour to the beautiful places to Dubai, Dine in a Royalty at Sheesh Mahal, Visit the Kumbhalgarh Fort, Enjoy the Holy in Udaipur in the month of March.
- Places to Stay in Udaipur: Some of the Lake View Hotels in Udaipur are:- Taj Lake Palace, Oberoi Udai Vilas, The Leela Palace, The Lalit Laxmi Vikas Palace, Fateh Prakash Palace, Little Prince Heritage Home, Advent Guest House, Hill Top Cottage, Nandini Paying Guest House, Udai Haveli Guest House.
Kota: The Educational District
Kota is one of the most beautiful places to visit in Rajasthan, India; it is one of the most popular educational hubs in Rajasthan, and it is the most well-structured city in the state to accommodate the state's largest population. The city demonstrates its heritage through its famous palaces and gardens, while also being known for its foods such as the world-famous Kota Kachori, Rajasthani Thali, and many others. A few products that have helped Kota gain international recognition are the Kota Dhoriya and the Kota stone.
- Places to Visit in Kota: Maharao Madho Singh Museum, City Palace, Jagmandir Palace, and Chambal Garden, Seven Wonder Park.
- Things to do in Kota: Boating at Chambal Garden, Photography at Seven Wonder Park, and Tour to Kota City.
- Places to Stay in Kota:- Hotel Shakun Palace, Hotel Lilac, Hotel Sarovar Plaza, Hotel Shakun Palace, Hotel Gokul.
Bundi: City of Stepwall
Bundi is a one-of-a-kind destination in Rajasthan. It's a small town 35 kilometres from Kota known for its Baori (step wells) and Taragarh Fort, as well as murals and rock art. Many famous writers have created famous stories while wandering around the massive forts and palaces. The area is also popular with tourists as the Chaouen of India, with all of the houses painted blue.
- Places to Visit in Bundi: Sukh Mahal, Nawal Sagar, Bundi Palace, Dabhai Kund, Taragarh Fort, and several other steep well reservoirs.
- Things to do in Bundi: Watchout the ancient Painting at Taragarh fort inside the Badal Mahal, Spend a peaceful time at Jat Sagar lake, Explore the Taragarh fort and Places, have a glance at the famous baoris of Bundi and understand the ancient techniques of Water Harvesting, walk the Bundi old town streets, Attend the Bundi Utsav in November, Have the Best Chai in the town at Sawariya Chai House and Restaurant.
- Places to Stay in Bundi: Hadoti Palace Bundi, Hotel Bundi House, Haveli Braj Bhushanjee, Ishwari Niwas Palace, Hotel Bundi Haveli, Kasera Heritage View, Haveli Taragarh Palace, Dev Niwas.
Mandawa is a small town 190 kilometres from Jaipur known for its artistic paintings on the Mandawa Fort and more than ten Havelis. The Mandawa and mirror work on every wall and gate create an imaginary dream for every eye. The area is well-known among tourists for its forts and havelis, which are popular filming locations in Bollywood. Mandawa is one of the most interesting places to visit in Rajasthan.
- Places to Visit in Mandawa: Murmuria Haveli, Hanuman Prasad Goenka Haveli, Harlalka Well, Bansidhar Newatia Haveli, and Chokhani Double Haveli.
- Things to do in Mandawa: Visit the Havelis and Open-air art Gallery in Mandawa, and Shopping in Mandawa.
- Places to stay in Mandawa: Hotel Chobdar Haveli, Hotel Radhika Haveli, Hotel Shahi Palace, Vivaana, Hotel Mandawa Palace and Restaurant, Hotel Castle Mandawa, Hotel Heritage Mandawa, Matsya Vilas, Desert Nights.
Bikaner: Home of Several Forts and Temples
Bikaner is one of the most beautiful places to visit in Rajasthan. It is well-known for its temples and forts, including Karni Mata Mandir and Junagarh Fort. Bikaneri Namkeens are the most well-known names associated with Bikaner.
Bikaner is known as the Sand City and is located near the Pakistani border. The desert military camps make you proud of Indian soldiers. The city is 330 kilometres from Jaipur and is easily accessible by air, rail, and road.
- Places to Visit in Bikaner: Lalgarh Palace, Junagarh fort, Shri Laxminath Temple, Sadul Singh Museum, Ganga Singh Museum, Jain Temple, National Research Centre on Camel, Karni Mata Temple.
- Things to do in Bikaner: Attend the Bikaner Camel Festival, Shopping of Artifacts and Handicrafts, Do the Tour to Bikaner city and Visit the popular Sightseeing places of Bikaner.
- Places to stay in Bikaner:- Hotel Raj Vilas Palace, Narendra Bhawan, Laxmi Niwas Palace, Gajner Palace, Heritage Resort, The Lallgarh Palace, Hotel Sagar Bikaner.
Jodhpur - The Blue City
Jodhpur, Rajasthan's second largest city, is also known as the Blue City. The name is clearly appropriate given that most of the architecture - forts, palaces, temples, havelis, and even houses - are built in vibrant blue hues. The imposing fortifications that tower over this magnificent city make for an unforgettable sight. Mehrangarh's massive, imposing fortress dominates a rocky ridge, with eight gates leading out of the fortress. Outside the structure is the new city. Jodhpur is also known for its rare breed of horses known as Marwari or Malani, which can only be found in this region.
The city is known as the Blue City of India because of its historical landmarks such as Mehrangarh Fort, the clock tower, and numerous forts. The Indian Air Force also has a base in the city. The beautiful landscape and royal treatment on the profound princely land make it an important place to visit in Rajasthan and a draw for tourists from all over the world.
- Places to Visit in Jodhpur: Umaid Bhawan Palace, Jaswant Thada, Mehrangarh Fort, Kailana Lake, Clock Tower, Rao Jodha Desert Rock Park, Balsamand Lake, Masuria Hills Garden, and Chamunda Mata Temple.
- Things to do in Jodhpur: Explore the beautiful Mehrangarh Fort, Adventure lovers can ride the Jodhpur Flying Fox, Take a walk at the old city markets, Take a cooking class for India Cuisine at Spice Paradise, Shop at Sambhali Boutique and Visit the famous Sightseeing Places in Bikaner.
- Places to stay in Jodhpur: The Umeed Jodhpur, Umaid Bhawan Palace, Indana Palace Jodhpur, Krishna Prakash Heritage Haveli, Mihir Garh, Park Plaza, Hari Mahal, Rohetgarh.
Pushkar: Home of Temples
Pushkar is a small town located 148 kilometres from Jaipur. The city is popular with foreign tourists for its vibrant and colourful Pushkar camel fair, cheap and fashionable shopping, exciting and delicious foods, and comfortable and affordable lodging. It is also well-known for having the only Lord Brahma temple in the world, and devotees from all over the world come here to find peace for their familial souls. Pushkar is one of the best places to visit in Rajasthan for all of these reasons.
- Places to Visit in Pushkar: Man Mahal, Varaha Temple, Brahma Temple, Pushkar Lake, Apteshwar Temple, Meerabai Temple, Rangji Temple, and Savitri Temple.
- Things to do in Pushkar: Boating in the Pushkar Lake, Watch the Evening Aarti, Ride Hot air Balloon over Pushkar, Try the local street foods in the Market, Attend the Pushkar Camel Festival, Visit the famous Sightseeing Places of Pushkar.
- Places to stay in Pushkar: The Pushkar Bagh Resort, Hotel Kanhaia Haveli, Dera Masuda, Pushkar Resorts, Hotel Brahma Horizon, Bhanwar Singh Palace, Hotel Master Paradise, Hotel Sun Set Cafe.
Neemrana is well-known for its forts, which are popular Rajasthan tourist attractions. The town is in the middle of the Delhi-Jaipur highway and draws a lot of tourists because of its newly developed Japanese corridor and Neemrana Fort. Residents of both Delhi and Jaipur can enjoy a relaxing and comfortable weekend getaway.
- Places to Visit in Neemrana: Sariska National Park, Neemrana Fort Palace, Alwar fort or Bala Quila, Vinay Vilas Mahal, Siliserh Lake, Baori, Ancient Vrindavan Palace.
- Things to do in Neemrana: Explore Neemrana Fort, Visit the Baoris in Neemrana, Explore the Sariska Wildlife Sanctuary, Zipline through the Neemrana fort Palace, Pay a Visit to the nearby Hill fort of Kesroli.
- Places to stay in Neemrana: Ramada Resort Neemrana, Neemrana Fort Palace, Grand Hira Resort Neemrana, Shiva Oasis Resort Neemrana, Days Hotel Neemrana, Cambay Sapphire Neemrana, Treehouse Dwarka Hotel and Club, Tree House Raj Mahal Resort.
Ajmer is located near Pushkar and Jaipur and is best known for Dargah Sharif, the holiest shrine among Muslims, which draws tourists from all over the world who come to pray and spend some quality time in peace and harmony. Ajmer's Dargaff Sharif makes it one of the best places to visit in Rajasthan.
- Places to Visit in Ajmer: Naag Pathar Ranges, Taragarh Fort, Akbari Fort and Museum, Dargah Sharif, Adhai Din ka Jhonpra, Soniji ki Nasiyan, and Ana Sagar Lake.
- Things to do in Ajmer: Attend the famous Qawwali at Dargah Sharif, Spend your time at Daulat Bagh Garden, Boating at Ana Sagar lake, Visit the famous sightseeing places in Ajmer.
- Places to Stay in Ajmer: Hotel New Jannat, Ananta Spa and Resorts, The Royal Melange Ajmer Hotel, Hotel LN Courtyard, Hotel Sahil, Hotel Moon Star, Namaste India Hotel and Cafe, Hotel Plaza Inn.
Ranthambore National Park is located in Sawai Madhopur. It is one of the best tourist destinations in Rajasthan, and Ranthambore is a UNESCO World Heritage Site because it depicts the history of various architecture, kings, and clans.
Experience a thrilling wildlife adventure at Ranthambore Tiger Reserve, located 145 kilometres from Jaipur. From October to December, tourists flock to the area to see the Royal Bengal Tiger in its natural habitat. In addition, The Place provides an exotic stay in the most luxurious and comfortable hotel near the forest. It is also one of the most enjoyable things to do in Rajasthan.
- Places to Visit in Sawai Madhopur: Ranthambore National Park, Chamatkar Temple, Ranthambore Fort, Khandar Fort.
- Things to do in Sawai Madhopur: Tiger Safari at Ranthambore National Park, Lavish Stay at Sher bagh Ranthambore, Explore the Ranthambore Fort and do some Photography there.
- Places to Stay in Sawai Madhopur: Anuraga Palace Luxury Resort and Spa, Vivanta Sawai Madhopur Lodge, The Tigress Spa and Resort, Ranthambore Heritage Haveli, Tiger Safari Resort, The Pugmark ( A Wildlife Resort), Regenta Resort Vanya Mahal, Jungle View Resort Ranthambhore.
The location is close to Udaipur and is surrounded by lush jungles and mountains. An exotic location in the hills of the Aravali ranges is a great weekend getaway and one of the best places to visit in Rajasthan. The best time to visit this location is during the monsoon season to enjoy the beautiful landscape while staying in a variety of luxurious and comfortable hotels. The panoramic view from Kumbhalgarh fort at the top of the hill will leave you speechless during your visit.
- Places to Visit in Kumbhalgarh: Badal Mahal, Mammadev Temple, Vedi Temple, Kumbhalgarh Wildlife Sanctuary, Kumbhalgarh Fort, Parshuram Temple, Muchhal Mahavir Temple, Neelkanth Mahadeo Temple.
- Things to do in Kumbhalgarh: Explore the Kumbhal Garh Fort and Badal Mahal, Pay a Visit to Kumbhalgarh Wildlife Sanctuary.
- Places to Stay in Kumbhalgarh: Mahua Bagh Kumbhalgarh, Kumbalgarh Safari Camp, Hotel the Wild Retreat, The Kumbha Bagh, Fateh Safari Suites, Shahpura Kumbhal Villas, The Aodhi.
A story has been concocted in a small village on the outskirts of the Sariska Tiger Reserve. Bhangarh, one of the best places to visit in Rajasthan, is described as a haunted village with a haunted fort. Many daring individuals visit the location in search of the truth behind the fort's haunting story.
- Places to Visit in Bhangarh: Visit Sariska Tiger Reserve, Bhangarh Fort, Karni Mata Temple and Pandupol.
- Things to do in Bhangarh: Explore the haunted Bhangarh Fort and Pay a Visit to Sariska Tiger Reserve.
- Places to Stay in Bhangarh: Aman Bagh, Jungle Camp Sariska, Umaid Lake Palace, Hotel Raj Resort.
Mount Abu: Hill Station of Rajasthan
Mount Abu is Rajasthan's only hill station, and it is one of the best places to visit in Rajasthan during the summer. Though the weather remains hot during the summer, boating on Nakki Lake, meditating at the beautiful Dilwara Temple, and taking a ropeway tour to Mata Mandir will keep your spirits high.
- Places to Visit in Mount Abu: Guru Shikhar, Nakki Lake, Trevor’s Tank, Wildlife Sanctuary, Achaleshwar Mahadev Temple, Sunset Point, Achalgarh, Dilwara Jain Temple, Toad Rock, and Mount Abu Bazaars.
- Things to do in Mount Abu: View the Sunset from Sunset Point, Boating in Nakki Lake, Birdwatching at Trevor’s Tank, Visit Mount Abu Wildlife Sanctuary, Trekking to Guru Shikhar and Camping at Aravali.
- Places to Stay in Mount Abu: Sterling Mount Abu Resorts and Hotels, WelcomHeritage Connaught House, Hotel Abu Grand Mount Abu, Hotel Hillock, Ratan Villas, Cama Rajput Club Resort, Hotel Hilltone, The Colonial Manek Manor.
So, here is the end of the list of 14 Best Places to Visit in Rajasthan that you can explore during the Rajasthan Tour.
FAQs on Places to Visit in Rajasthan
Out of so many Places to Visit in Rajasthan, Which is the most beautiful City?
Jaipur, is one best places to visit in Rajasthan. Jaipur is the perfect blend of old-world charm and new world Sparkle. It is one of the most beautiful city in Rajasthan, India.
How many days do you need for Rajasthan Tour?
You almost need 10 -12 days to complete the Rajasthan Tour and to see the major significant places to visit in Rajasthan.
Is Mount-Abu Worth Visiting?
Yes, Mount Abu is worth-visiting. Mount has Cold weather and offers you a very famous dilwara temple. Boating at Nakki lake watching the sunset gives you different kind of Relaxation and Mountabu is also one of the most beautiful places to visit in Rajasthan.
Which is the best time to visit Rajasthan?
November to February is the best time to visit in Rajasthan.
What are the places to visit in Rajasthan in 5 Days?
Following are the Places to Visit in Rajasthan in 5 Days are:-
- Visit the Places for Sightseeing in Jaipur at Jantar Mantar, City Palace, Nahargarh Fort, Elephant ride at Amber Fort and Hawa Mahal.
- Boating at Pushkar Lake and take a holy dip there, Go and pay homage to Brahma Temple and Visit Rose Garden at Pushkar.
- Enjoy Boating at Nakki Lake and visit at famous Dilwara temple in Mount Abu.
Why is Rajasthan a tourist place?
Rajasthan is a tourist place because it is famous for its Culture, Historical Forts, Places & Hospitality & the Rajasthan is Located in the midst of the Thar Desert where Tourists enjoy the different kinds of Activities like Camel Riding in the Sand Dunes, Dune Bashing, Enjoying the Traditional Cultural Performances and much more.
Is Rajasthan worth visiting?
Rajasthan is one of the Top Cultural States in India. It is Famous for its Culture, Food, Shopping & a Historical Fort. and Rajasthan is Home of Great Number of Wildlife in India. Some of the National Sanctuaries are National Desert Sanctuary, Jaisalmer Kumbhalgarh Wildlife Sanctuary and much more.
What is a famous food in Rajasthan?
The Famous Food of Rajasthan is Dal Baati Churma, Bajre ki Roti with Lasun chutney, Onion Kachori, Papad ki Sabji, Dal Kachori and Much more.
Phone: +91 8696-737-737
Email: [email protected]